NJSCBWI Advanced Picture Book
Saturday, January 13, 2018, 10:00 a.m.
Sunday, January 14, 2018, 10:00 a.m.
When: Two Saturdays, March 3, 2018 and May 5, 2018 (9:00 am – 5:00 pm)
Where: Garwood Presbyterian Church, 341 Spruce Ave, Garwood, NJ 07027
Cost: Members: $370, Non-Members: $405
But what is the NJSCBWI Advanced Picture Book Mentorship Program?
- Pacing & Tension (includes plotting)
- Voice & Point of View (includes character and language)
- Beginnings & Endings (includes plotting and language)
- Picture-Book Craft (includes a little spice)
- Manuscript 1: Written critique and 15-minute in-person discussion.
- Revised Manuscript 1: Written line edits and 15-minute in-person discussion.
- Manuscript 2: Written critique only.
TWO Editors (click on the name for Bio)
ONE Amazing Program
In addition to the 4 advanced picture book workshops and the 3 critiques all provided by 2 editors looking to build their lists, participants will have opportunities to:
- Study what works in published picture books
- Engage in peer critiques
- Connect with other members
- Dig deeply into writing and hear first-hand what editors look for in a manuscript
- Have time to implement feedback and receive additional feedback on your revisions
- Authors will submit a manuscript as a word doc.
- Author/illustrators will submit a manuscript as a word doc. and a .pdf dummy. You also have the choice of bringing the dummy to the critique.
- All participants must have at least 2 completed PB manuscripts. The first must be uploaded by February 4, 2018, manuscript #1 revision and manuscript #2 upload dates will be announced.
Registration opens on:
- January 13, 2018, 10:00am (ET) for NJ SCBWI members
- January 14, 2018, 10:00am (ET) for SCBWI members from other regions and non-members
- Registration Link: HERE
Best wishes for an exciting year ahead, everyone!
Cathy, Rosanne, Barbara and the NJSCBWI Team