The NJ SCBWI chapter is looking for a new logo and we would like you to design it.
Some things to keep in mind when designing the logo:
Keep it clear and simple, but clever and unique.
In keeping with the official SCBWI logo which features a kite, we’d like to maintain the kite theme in some form. It does not have to be overt. Feel free to browse online and see what other chapters of SCBWI have done with their logos to make them unique to their country or state. And remember, we are New Jersey!
Cost: FREE! The challenge is open to all current NJ SCBWI illustrator members (published and not).
Deadline: Entries should be emailed by 9 pm on March 15, 2019
Technical Requirements: The logo should be submitted as a JPG. Limit file size for submission to 2MB, but make sure you have a large hi-res file on hand.
The Logo Design Needs To:
• Capture the unique identity of our region
• Include the words “SCBWI New Jersey” and include a kite
• Be adaptable for both print and digital/online use
• Be readable at various sizes-from a very small size (eg. on a button) or large (poster size)
• The artist should submit a max 2MB jpg for the contest judging process-but be able to provide either a vector art file or a high-resolution layered photoshop file, with any text on a separate layer.
Formatting: Since we need a circular format for social media profile icons and a horizontal banner for social media headers, artists can suggest multiple versions for various applications. NJ SCBWI reserves the right to tweak the winning logo to fit various digital and print applications. NJ SCBWI also reserves the right to adjust the typeface if the winning entry excels at illustration, but needs a nudge with typography.
• The designer will grant permission for unlimited use.
• The designer’s name will be acknowledged on our website.
• The winning logo will be used thereafter on all materials and social media.
Submission Requirements: Email jpg to email@example.com. Be sure to include “NJ SCBWI Logo Contest” in the subject line.
Judge: All submissions will be reviewed by a committee chaired by Sarah Hokanson, Art Director at Random House, and announced at our annual conference June 1-2, 2018, at the New Brunswick Hyatt.
Grand Prize: Free membership for a year, as well as a portfolio review at the next Illustrator event she/he attends. In addition, free general registration at our 2019 regional conference.
Runner-up: Free portfolio review at the next Illustrator event she/he attends.
PLEASE NOTE: NJ SCBWI reserves the right not to select a winner if the entries do not follow the guidelines established above.
Thank you and looking forward to your fabulous entries,
Tisha, Rosanne, and Barbara
SCBWI New Jersey Team